The good folks over at Premier Protein reached out to me a while back and asked if they could send me some of their products to try out and review. This guy, one who never shies away from a free trial, said “Sure!” A week or so later I received a surprisingly large, yet non descript, white box in the mail with the Premier Protein label on the box. I couldn’t wait to get inside and open it! I raced inside, grabbed my camera for the unboxing, and got to work. Sadly, I have since accidentally deleted said pictures, but the picture below I “borrowed” from the interwebs is pretty close to what I found inside!
- 4 Premier Protein Shakes
- 2 chocolate
- 2 vanilla
- 6 Premier Protein Bars
- 2 Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 2 Double Chocolate Crunch
- 2 Yogurt Peanut Crunch
Well, to start off I was blown away by the presentation of the box. I felt like I had won something it was so well put together! Put that together with the amount of product in the box, and well, I did win (and you can too…but keep reading!). Along with the products came a product information sheet. I was very impressed with the 30g of protein per shake/bar…to then be doubly impressed to pack it into such a low calorie count. One of the shakes was leaking from the container, but that could have been from a shipping issue.
30g of protein is great, but unless it tastes good I’m not going to eat it. And to be completely honest, I’ve tried protein products in the past and have not been impressed. So, here’s an honest run down of each product:
- Vanilla Shake – Honestly, so so. Didn’t really like the flavor, and the aftertaste wasn’t the best. Perhaps it would have been better cold, but I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
- Chocolate Shake – This one I was surprised by. I expected a chalkiness, but instead it was smooth. The taste reminded me strongly of Snack-Pack chocolate pudding…so much so I wonder if they stole the recipe? I’d definitely drink this again.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar – I was hoping to be impressed by this, and wasn’t disappointed. Great flavor, though the peanut butter was a bit dry.
- Double Chocolate Crunch Bar – De-licious. It’s like a chocolate covered brownie. A perfect afternoon snack…gives you all that protein with the mood boosting chocolate!
- Yogurt Peanut Crunch Bar – I left this one to my wife, as I can’t eat yogurt. She gave it two thumbs up.
The Final Word
All in all I was very impressed with the all the products. If someone were looking for a protein product, I would definitely recommend Premier Protein.
And now what you’ve all been waiting for! Premier Protein has agreed to give away not one, not two, but FIVE prize packs! You get everything mentioned above PLUS a Premier Protein nylon bag! Note that this giveaway is limited to US residents only.
You can enter up to 4 times. Complete each of the following below to receive your four entries. Make sure to leave a comment on this post for each of the four, as each comment (max 4) will count as an entry. Comments must be posted by Sunday, February 10 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Comment on this post telling everyone why you’d love to win the prize pack.
- Tweet the following line on your Twitter account:
- Follow @premierprotein on Twitter
- Like The Runner Dad on Facebook
So just remember to leave a comment after you’ve done each of the above…and good luck!